From product launches to ribbon cuttings, customer care to community volunteerism, we’ve had a busy 2019 here at Comcast in the Western New England Region, which includes Connecticut, Vermont and western Massachusetts. As we kick off the holiday season and prepare for a new year, we wanted to take the opportunity to look back.
We’re always focused on adding value for our customers – whether it’s with new tools, faster performance or more choice. Here are a few of the exciting things we introduced to our Xfinity product lineup this year:
- We brought even more speed, coverage and control to the Xfinity Internet experience. For instance, we boosted download speeds for some of our most popular Xfinity Internet packages for most residential customers in New England. Also, we enhanced Xfinity xFi, which allows customers to get the most for their home WiFi networks, with advanced security and a new parental control feature. And we launched Xfinity Flex to give Internet-only customers an easier way to stream entertainment and manage their connected home devices right on the TV.
- For Xfinity X1, we continued to increase entertainment options, adding apps like NBC Sports Gold and Amazon Music to our ever-growing library of streaming content, following the addition of Amazon Prime Video to our platform in December 2018. We hosted events like Xfinity Watchathon, a week of free access to thousands of movies and shows, and celebrated diversity milestones like Black History Month, Lunar New Year and Pride Month with curated collections of series, movies and music. We’re committed to making our products and services accessible to everyone, no matter their abilities, and that commitment continued this year with the launch of Xfinity X1 Eye Control, enabling people with physical disabilities to navigate their televisions using only their eyes.
- Xfinity Home, named the best professionally installed security system in the market today by CNET, became even more pet-friendly as we introduced a new AI-powered pet filter to our Xfinity Home camera, helping customers find Fido when they check in on the go.
- We added the latest Apple and Samsung devices and new shared data options to Xfinity Mobile to provide even more choice and flexibility, as well as expanded bring-your-own-device options to include Android-based smartphones.
Our residential customers weren’t the only ones with new tools and features to enjoy. Our Comcast Business customers like Water’s Edge Resort & Spa have also had access to new benefits and enhanced product offerings. For instance, we added X1 for Business and the Xfinity TV Remote App, helping establishments like restaurants, gyms and stores keep their patrons connected to sporting events, the news, and their favorite entertainment. And with the launch of Xfinity On Campus at Western New England University in Springfield, MA, students can now watch live TV, Xfinity On Demand and recorded content on their IP-enabled devices.
We think about sustainability as we make every business decision, and we’re focused on creating a culture of sustainable innovation at Comcast that inspires environmental responsibility. This year in the Western New England Region, this has included electronic recycling events and more.
In addition to offering innovative products and services that power our customers’ homes and businesses, Comcast is committed to making a difference in the communities where we live and work. Here are a few of our community impact efforts this year:
- In the program’s most significant change to date, we expanded eligibility for Internet Essentials the nation’s largest and most comprehensive broadband adoption program, to include all qualified low-income households in our service area, offering the program to 793,000 additional residents across Connecticut, Vermont and Massachusetts.
- Nearly a thousand local Comcast NBCUniversal employees and their families, friends and community partners “made change happen” this spring as they volunteered at dozens project sites across Connecticut, Vermont and western Massachusetts as part of the 18th annual Comcast Cares Day.
- We gave over $77,000 in college scholarships to 29 high school seniors in Connecticut, Vermont and western Massachusetts as part of our annual Leaders and Achievers Scholarship Program.
For an overview of our 2019 announcements and more, visit https://corporate.comcast.com/press.
We continue to invest in our products, our people, and our communities, and look forward to a great 2020. Best wishes for a happy and bright close to the year, and thanks again for letting us be a part of it!