Comcast NBCUniversal is building a more environmentally sustainable company –from improving the fuel efficiency of vans in our fleet to designing energy-efficient products for use in our customers’ homes. We are also combining our dual commitments to sustainability and community service: In 2019, we surpassed our goal — one year early — of providing 500,000 volunteer service hours on environmentally friendly projects by 2020.
In our Western New England Region, we’ve assembled a Sustainability Committee dedicated to furthering environmental conservation in all areas of the business.
The region has already implemented a number of local efforts to conserve resources, including:
- a comprehensive recycling program for cable boxes, wires, remotes and literally tons of other equipment
- single stream recycling and Shred It programs
- installation of a fuel cell to power our regional headquarters in Berlin, CT
- installation of electronic charging stations for electric cars in Berlin, CT
- installation of fuel efficient software in a number of our fleet vehicles
- switching to LED lighting in a number of our facilities
- allowing technicians to bring home their vehicles to save on the drive time to the office
- and more!
We also recently held an electronics recycling event for our employees so they can dispose of their personal old computers and other electronics!
As we work to bring our customers the best technology, media and entertainment, we also consider our impact on the environment. For more information on Comcast’s sustainability efforts, visit https://corporate.comcast.com/values/sustainability.