Comcast is expanding its Xfinity 10G Network to more than 4,200 homes and businesses in Putnam, Connecticut. Residents and businesses in Putnam will have access to Comcast’s full suite of Xfinity and Comcast Business services when the project is completed by the end of 2024.
“We are proud to further our investment in Connecticut,” said Carolyne Hannan, Senior Vice President of Comcast’s Western New England Region. “Bringing our high-speed and reliable Internet access to Putnam will help ensure that more residents and businesses have the important broadband connections they need for their educational, professional and personal lives.”
“Putnam is pleased to welcome Comcast and their broadband services as an option for residents and businesses. My constituents are excited to have additional Internet choices,” said State Representative Rick Hayes. “I am always happy to see businesses expand in our area to the benefit of our local community.”
With construction already underway in Putnam, residents and businesses can see if their neighborhood has access to Xfinity and Comcast Business services by visiting Xfinity.com/MyTown.
Comcast’s most recent expansion to Putnam is part of the company’s latest investment in Windham County, which also includes expansions to Jewett City, Killingly and Plainfield. In addition, Comcast has expanded to several areas in Connecticut, from East Lyme, New London and Waterford, to hundreds of unserved homes and businesses in Sharon and the North End of Hartford. To learn more about Comcast’s commitment and contribution to bringing Internet access to all Americans, especially residents and businesses in underserved and unserved locations, visit ComcastCorporation.com/broadband-partnerships.
Powered by the Xfinity 10G Network
Comcast’s Xfinity 10G Network and Internet experience are powering homes today and into the future:
- Ultimate Capacity: Xfinity customers connect more than 1 billion devices across the company’s network annually. The Xfinity 10G Network with the next-generation Xfinity gateways deliver the most advanced WiFi technology carrying three times more bandwidth to power streaming, gaming, videoconferencing, and more, simultaneously.
- Fastest Internet: More than a third of Xfinity Internet customers subscribe to gigabit speed products and symmetrical gig speeds are coming to the first homes later this year.
- Unprecedented Coverage: The latest Xfinity Gateway provides a more reliable connection throughout the home. Customers can get wall-to-wall WiFi coverage with a powerful WiFi Boost Pod that extends coverage to hard-to-reach areas, with plans for an offering of increased support for in-home WiFi through a “boost guarantee” later this year.
- Most Reliable Connection: Comcast is scaling the nation’s largest and most reliable network – the Xfinity 10G Network – that passes 60 million homes and businesses and counting. The company launched Storm-Ready WiFi, a new device that comes powered with cellular and battery backup to help keep customers connected even when the power goes out.
- Ultra-Low Latency: The Xfinity 10G Network and the latest Xfinity Gateway are a powerful combination that deliver ultra-low latency for those moments when response times matter most like video games, a fast-growing category with Xfinity households averaging more than one gaming console per home.
For local businesses, Comcast Business offers a suite of connectivity, communications, networking, cybersecurity, wireless and managed solutions to help organizations of different sizes prepare for what’s next. Powered by the nation’s largest Gig-speed broadband network, and backed by 24/7 customer support, Comcast Business is the nation’s largest cable provider to small and mid-size businesses and one of the leading service providers to the Enterprise market. Comcast Business has been consistently recognized by industry analysts and associations as a leader and innovator, and one of the fastest growing providers of Ethernet services.
Comcast is also proud to participate in the federal government’s Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), which provides eligible low-income households with a credit of up to $30 per month ($75 per month on Tribal lands) toward their Internet and/or mobile service. Thanks to ACP, eligible Comcast customers can get home Internet through Comcast’s Internet Essentials or Internet Essentials Plus at no cost once the federal credit is applied. Internet Essentials customers can also add a line of unlimited 5G cellular data ($45) through Xfinity Mobile for as little as $24.95/month after the ACP benefit is applied.
Since 2020, Comcast has provided $11.5 million in cash and in-kind charitable contributions to support organizations across Connecticut. The company has also installed 32 Lift Zones in Connecticut, providing free WiFi service to help these community centers promote digital learning. Lift Zones are part of Project UP, Comcast’s comprehensive $1 billion commitment to help build a future of unlimited possibilities and the continuation of the company’s long history of giving back to communities where it provides service and where its employees live and work.