Comcast announced it is expanding its network to the Town of East Lyme, giving residents and businesses a new choice for TV, internet, voice, home security/automation and mobile services.
Comcast’s buildout in East Lyme, including the villages of Niantic and Flanders, will benefit the community’s residents and businesses. Located within New London County, East Lyme is a coastal community located on Long Island Sound with a seaside village center along Route 156, a busy commercial corridor along Route 161 and quiet residential neighborhoods.
“We are excited to be part of the East Lyme community and look forward to offering Xfinity and Comcast Business products and service to its residents and businesses,” said Dennis Mathew, Senior Vice President of Comcast’s Western New England Region, which includes Connecticut. “Like our expansion into the Town of Waterford and the City of New London, East Lyme offers an attractive opportunity for us to bring our network to a community that neighbors a market we already serve and where consumers and businesses have long expressed a desire to receive our products and services.”
Comcast will offer residents its complete portfolio of Xfinity services, including:
- The award-winning X1 Platform for video service: includes X1 voice remote and access to apps including Amazon Prime Video, Netflix, YouTube, Pandora, iHeartRadio and NPR One;
- Xfinity Internet with gigabit speed: offering speeds among the fastest and most widely available and includes Xfinity xFi, a digital dashboard that lets customers personalize, manage and control their home Wi-Fi experience;
- Xfinity Home: security and home automation services;
- Xfinity Mobile: a new wireless service designed for the way people use their phones today; and
- Xfinity Voice: home phone service.
East Lyme businesses will have access to the Comcast Business suite of products, which include:
- Business Ethernet Dedicated Internet up to 100 Gbps;
- Business Voice: providing office phone solutions for small, medium and large businesses;
- Business Video services, including X1 for Business; and
- Comcast Business Smart Office™: advanced video monitoring solutions.
Powering East Lyme’s Farmers Insurance Agency
Comcast Business keeps local Farmers Insurance Agency connected and joins them in celebrating their grand opening at 339 Flanders Road, Suite 101, East Lyme, on Wednesday, February 26 at 4 PM.
“I knew I wanted to go with the best-in-class technology and connectivity provider, and I am thrilled Comcast Business entered East Lyme at an opportune time when I was set to launch my business,” said Comcast Business customer, Michael Whalen, owner of a Farmers Insurance Agency in East Lyme. “From Business TV in our reception area and access to high-speed Internet to our video cameras and Voice service capabilities, that can be accessed from a mobile phone, my employees and I are always connected to the business even while out of the office visiting with customers.”
“Comcast Business provides companies, like Farmers Insurance, with the solutions they need to help make their business more productive, said Paul Savas, Vice President of Comcast Business for the Western New England Region. “Our advanced network is able to deliver fast speeds to more businesses in more places, now including East Lyme.”
With this expansion, Comcast will be available in 86 Connecticut communities. Across the state, the company employs more than 1,300 people in its local call center, Xfinity Stores, technical operations centers and regional headquarters, which is located in Berlin, CT. Comcast’s Western New England Region serves customers in Vermont, western Massachusetts, western New Hampshire and Carmel, NY, in addition to Connecticut.
For more information, consumers can visit www.xfinity4u.com and businesses can visit www.comcastbusiness.com.