Comcast today is expanding the Xfinity 10G Network to the town of Killingly, delivering its full suite of Xfinity and Comcast Business services to nearly 5,600 additional residents and businesses in Eastern Connecticut in the coming months.
Comcast’s most recent expansion to Killingly, in addition to Plainfield and Jewett City, is part of the company’s latest investment in Connecticut, which also includes expansions to East Lyme, New London and Waterford. In addition, Comcast recently announced a network expansion to nearly 100 unserved businesses in the North End of Hartford.
“We are committed to investing in and expanding our network to ensure that more residents and businesses in Connecticut have the connectivity they need to succeed,” said Carolyne Hannan, Senior Vice President of Comcast’s Western New England Region, which is based in Connecticut. “We are proud to provide Killingly with fast, secure and reliable Internet services that are built to meet the community’s needs today and into the future.”
Residents and businesses in Killingly can visit Xfinity.com, call 1-800-XFINITY or visit our Xfinity Store at 220 CT-12 in Groton to see if service is available. Experts at the Xfinity Store can also help with product demonstrations, answer any questions consumers may have and help local businesses schedule an informational meeting with the Comcast Business sales team.
Powered by the Xfinity 10G Network
Comcast’s Xfinity 10G Network and Internet experience are powering homes today and into the future:
- Ultimate Capacity: Xfinity customers connect nearly 1 billion devices across the company’s network annually. The Xfinity 10G Network with Xfinity gateways deliver the most advanced WiFi technology carrying three times more bandwidth to power streaming, gaming, videoconferencing, and more, simultaneously.
- Fastest Internet: More than a third of Xfinity Internet customers subscribe to gigabit speed products and symmetrical gig speeds are coming to the first homes later this year.
- Unprecedented Coverage: The latest Xfinity Gateway provides a more reliable connection throughout the home. Customers can get wall-to-wall WiFi coverage with a powerful WiFi Boost Pod that extends coverage to hard-to-reach areas, with plans for an offering of increased support for in-home WiFi through a “boost guarantee” later this year.
- Most Reliable Connection: Comcast is scaling the nation’s largest and most reliable network – the Xfinity 10G Network – that passes 60 million homes and business and counting. The company plans to launch a new device that is “storm-ready” with cellular and battery backup to help keep customers connected even when the power goes out.
- Ultra-Low Latency: The Xfinity 10G Network and the latest xFi Gateway are a powerful combination that deliver ultra-low latency for those moments when response times matter most like video games, a fast-growing category with Xfinity households averaging more than one gaming console per home.
For local businesses, Comcast Business offers a suite of connectivity, communications, networking, cybersecurity, wireless and managed solutions to help organizations of different sizes prepare for what’s next. Powered by the nation’s largest Gig-speed broadband network, and backed by 24/7 customer support, Comcast Business is the nation’s largest cable provider to small and mid-size businesses and one of the leading service providers to the Enterprise market. Comcast Business has been consistently recognized by industry analysts and associations as a leader and innovator, and one of the fastest growing providers of Ethernet services.
Comcast is deeply committed to advancing digital equity in the communities it serves. The company has installed 32 Lift Zones in Connecticut, providing free WiFi service to help these community centers promote digital learning. Lift Zones are part of Project UP, Comcast’s comprehensive, 10-year, $1 billion commitment to help build a future of unlimited possibilities and the continuation of the company’s long history of giving back to communities where it provides service and where its employees live and work.
In addition, Comcast is proud to participate in the federal government’s Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), which provides eligible low-income households with a credit of up to $30 per month ($75 per month on Tribal lands) toward their Internet and/or mobile service. Thanks to ACP, eligible Comcast customers can get home Internet through Comcast’s Internet Essentials or Internet Essentials Plus at no cost once the federal credit is applied. Internet Essentials customers can also add a line of unlimited 5G cellular data ($45) through Xfinity Mobile for as little as $24.95/month after the ACP benefit is applied.