Since Comcast’s founding 60 years ago, supporting our local communities has been part of our company’s DNA. We actively partner with local organizations throughout the year to provide our employees with opportunities to volunteer as a team, in person and virtually. This spirit of volunteerism is the basis for Comcast’s Team UP program, our always-on, 365-days-a-year effort that brings Comcast teams together and provides them with opportunities to get more involved in their local communities. The name, Team UP, underscores that our work has the greatest reach when we join forces.
Throughout the month of April, our employees are embracing National Volunteer Month by donating their time to support local organizations. Following are some ways our employees in Connecticut, Vermont and western Massachusetts have “Teamed UP” to help in the communities we serve over the last several months.
- Sorted and repackaged almost 23,000 diapers with the Connecticut Diaper Bank.
- Participated in the Boys & Girls Club of Greater Hartford Reality Store.
- Read to elementary school students with United Way of Greater New Haven during Read Across America Day.
- Raised over $6,000 for Special Olympics Vermont’s annual Penguin Plunge.
- Placed holiday wreaths on Veteran’s graves in Middletown for Wreaths Across America.
- Conducted a clothing drive to support the Springfield Rescue Mission.
- Conducted a community toy drive to benefit Toys for Tots throughout Connecticut.
- Cleaned up and landscaped a community garden during Love Hartford Week.
- Conducted a community donation drive and helped pack care packages for military service members overseas with Boxes to Boots.
- Volunteered for monthly mentoring sessions with New Britain elementary school students in partnership with Big Brothers Big Sisters of Connecticut.
Comcast’s Team UP volunteer program aligns with Project UP, our initiative to build a future of unlimited possibilities. Project UP encompasses programs and community partnerships that connect people to the Internet, advance economic mobility, and open doors for the next generation of innovators, entrepreneurs, storytellers, and creators.
Learn more about Project UP from Brad, our Director of Community Impact, who is engaged in the community and committed to helping create digital equity.