While the phrase “Dog Days of Summer” describes the most oppressive period of summer, between July 3 and August 11 each year, it actually refers to the days when Sirius, the Dog Star and brightest constellation this time of year, rises simultaneously with the sun. Although the astrological event ended weeks ago, we’re celebrating the “dog days of summer” in New England by sharing ways Xfinity products and services can benefit both you and your pups, as well as any of your furry, feathered or finned friends.
From saving money so you can buy more toys for Fluffy to an easy way to check in on Fido while you’re away from home, here are some pet-friendly ways to use Xfinity products, year-round:
- Find all your favorite animal- and pet-focused content, like Dog TV available on Xfinity On Demand. Whether you’re looking to watch funny cat videos on YouTube, a new series on Netflix, Discovery+ or another favorite streaming app, or a live or On Demand program from Animal Planet, it’s as easy as saying “Animals” into your Voice Remote to find what fits your mood on our X1 and Flex platforms.
- Check on your pets when you’re away with Xfinity Home. Shayna, a retail associate from our Groton (CT) Xfinity Store, recently shared this was her favorite product because you can:
- See what your pet is up to as you view your cameras via the Xfinity app;
- Quickly find video clips of your pet by using the Xfinity Home Pet Filter, which can differentiate your furry friend from other activity;
- Let your pet-sitter or dog-walker in the house by setting up a rule to unlock your door at a set time; and
- Talk to your pets by using the two-way audio on the Xfinity camera to remind your dog they’re not supposed to be sleeping on the sofa…
- Share your cutest pet photos and videos on social media with Xfinity Internet, which offers WiFi speeds faster than a Gig and allows you to personalize and control your network. Might you have missed #NationalDogDay (August 26)?
- Do you pamper your dog? Save money by switching to Xfinity Mobile so you can splurge on gourmet treats. Available with Xfinity Internet, Xfinity Mobile allows customers to mix shared and unlimited data options, as well as switch between Unlimited and By-the-Gig at any time.
To learn more or see a demonstration of any of these products, we welcome you to meet our helpful retail associates at your local Xfinity Store. To find your nearest location, click here.