October 7th, the first Wednesday in October, is Energy Efficiency Day. This annual event celebrates energy efficiency success stories to help bring awareness to the tips, tools, and multiple benefits of saving energy, including saving money and cutting down on pollution.
Comcast is committed to incorporating sustainable practices into as much of our business as possible and we are happy to share our local energy efficiency story. In Connecticut and Vermont, we have installed solar energy and car charging stations for electric vehicles. Throughout our region we have upgraded to LED lighting, installed fuel efficiency software in a number of our fleet vehicles and invested in other green initiatives.
In addition, the products our customers use every day are made with energy efficiency in mind, thereby helping our customers and our communities conserve energy too.
The following services use less power, reduce emissions, cut down on waste, and help our customers save money by reducing their own energy consumption:
- By receiving and paying your Comcast bills electronically, customers help reduce paper waste and emissions from printing and mail delivery
- Xfinity X1 users can even pay their bills from their sofa just by saying “Pay my bill” into their Xfinity X1 Voice Remote
To set up your Xfinity account on paperless billing, click here to sign in and select “Ecobill”
Getting Started Kits
- Getting Started Kits enable many customers to set up their own products by using our easy-to-use self-installation kits. Not only are they a convenient option, they’re also packaged using 100% recyclable materials and are shipped carbon neutral
- Xfinity X1 powers down after 4 hours of inactivity to give our customers energy savings & lower utility bills
- In “power saver” mode, Xfinity X1 draws less electricity than a night light, offering 15.05 kWh per year potential savings, equating to 50 loads of laundry, or brewing 452 cups of coffee
- Just say “power preferences” into the X1 Voice remote to find the power saver mode
- Using Xfinity Home controls, customers can save energy costs by remotely lowering/turning up their thermostats and turning lights on and off while they’re not at home. For instance, instead of leaving the outside light on the entire time you’re out for the evening, use your smart device to turn it on as you arrive home
- Xfinity Home also allows customers to save energy by setting rules to tell Xfinity Home to change the thermostat or lights during certain times or days or in response to specific events. For instance, in the winter, thermostats can be set to automatically change to a cooler temperature when the household is typically away, then set to automatically raise to a warmer temperature before the first person usually arrives home
- For even greater savings, Smart Thermostats can be included in our Xfinity Home package. Smart Thermostats can anticipate changes in outdoor temperature, then allow your system to adjust and even geofence to change temperature when it senses you’re on your way home