Comcast has announced its fourth round of Comcast RISE recipients, which includes 1,100 small businesses owned by people of color, that will receive a TV campaign, production of a TV commercial or consulting services from Effectv or computer equipment, internet, voice or cybersecurity from Comcast Business. To date, nearly 4,700 Comcast RISE awardees have been announced nationwide and the program will have supported 13,000 small businesses by the end of 2022.
Across New England, 56 businesses are Comcast RISE awardees including Dilligence Training, a health center in East Hartford.
“Dilligence Training was impacted tremendously by the COVID-19 pandemic as attendance at our location and in-person classes dropped off until the state began to reopen. We applied to Comcast RISE not knowing if we had any chance of winning, and it is an honor to be one of the Connecticut businesses recognized with this distinction,” said Devonte Dillion, CEO and Founder of Dilligence Training. “The Comcast RISE program is helping Dilligence Training because it allows us to sharpen our operations through a technology makeover and in turn, provide a better experience for our community.”
“While we know that no single organization can solve historic and systemic inequities overnight, we are committed to taking tangible actions that can drive long-term impact and change,” said Paul Savas, Vice President of Comcast Business for Comcast’s Western New England Region, which includes Connecticut. “Comcast RISE offers the opportunity for small businesses owned by people of color to help grow their businesses, create jobs, and play a vital role in supporting our communities. This new round of Comcast RISE awardees will provide more entrepreneurs of color with the resources and tools they need to scale their businesses and thrive for years to come.”
Comcast RISE, which stands for “Representation, Investment, Strength and Empowerment,” provides the opportunity for small businesses owned by people of color nationwide to apply to one of the following support focus areas:
- Marketing Services: The following services from Effectv, the advertising sales division of Comcast Cable, and its creative agency, Mnemonic, are designed to help recipients with their marketing and media campaigns, including:
- Media: A linear TV media campaign to run over a 90-day period.
- Creative Production: Turnkey :30 TV commercial production, plus a media strategy consultation and 90-day media placement schedule.
- Consulting: Advertising and marketing consultations with local Effectv marketing, research, and creative teams to gain insights on how to drive business.
- Technology Makeovers: The state-of-the-art equipment and technology upgrade from Comcast Business includes computer equipment as well as internet, voice, and cybersecurity services for up to a 12-month period. (Taxes and other fees may still apply for technology makeover services.)
Comcast RISE recipients also receive access to Ureeka, an online platform for entrepreneurs with a specialized online networking community with educational resources, sources of capital, and vetted experts.
All eligible applicants will receive a monthly Comcast RISE newsletter with educational content, and all small business owners can visit the Comcast RISE destination on the X1 platform featuring aggregated small business news, tips, insights, and more. Just say “Comcast RISE” into the X1 voice remote.
Comcast’s Ongoing Commitment to Advancing Digital Equity
Comcast RISE is part of Comcast’s ongoing efforts to advance digital equity and help provide underrepresented small business owners with access to the digital tools and funding they need to thrive. Over the next 10 years, Comcast has committed $1 billion to programs and partnerships that will reach an estimated 50 million people with the skills, opportunities, and resources they need to succeed in an increasingly digital world.
For information on Comcast RISE or to apply for marketing and technology services, visit www.ComcastRISE.com. The next wave of applications for Comcast RISE marketing and technology services will close on October 17, 2021.