Beginning today, five communities in Southern Vermont have a new cable, entertainment and communications services provider as Comcast acquires Southern Vermont Cable Company. The process to transition residents and businesses to Comcast in Dummerston, Jamaica, Newfane, Putney and Townshend will continue through the Fall of 2020.
“The acquisition of Southern Vermont Cable Company gives Comcast an opportunity to provide the residents and business in Dummerston, Jamaica, Newfane, Putney and Townshend with access to our innovative products and services, including an amazing internet experience with the fastest broadband speeds available,” said Dennis Mathew, Senior Vice President of Comcast’s Western New England Region, which includes Vermont. “We have a long-standing commitment to serving the communities in Vermont where our customers and employees live and work and are proud to extend that commitment to our newest communities in the Green Mountain State.”
Comcast will offer its complete portfolio of Xfinity services, including:
- The award-winning X1 Platform for video service: includes X1 voice remote and popular internet apps including Peacock, Amazon Prime Video, Netflix, YouTube, Pandora, iHeartRadio and NPR One;
- Xfinity Internet with gigabit speed: offering speeds among the fastest and most widely available and includes Xfinity xFi, a digital dashboard that lets customers personalize, manage and control their home Wi-Fi experience;
- Xfinity Home: security and home automation services;
- Xfinity Mobile: a new wireless service designed for the way people use their phones today; and
- Xfinity Voice: home phone service.
Comcast will also offer Internet Essentials, the nation’s largest and most comprehensive high-speed Internet adoption program for low-income Americans. It provides qualified individuals low-cost high-speed Internet service for $9.95 a month plus tax; the option to purchase an Internet-ready computer for under $150; and multiple options to access free digital literacy training in print, online and in person.
In addition, businesses will have access to the Comcast Business suite of products, which include:
- Business Dedicated Internet up to 100 Gbps;
- Business Voice: providing office phone solutions for small, medium and large businesses;
- Business Video services; and
- Business Smart Office: advanced video monitoring solutions.
Comcast has a long history of giving back to the communities in which it serves and where its employees and customers live and work. Across Vermont in 2019, Comcast provided more than $840,000 in cash and in-kind support to organizations including Boys & Girls Clubs, Dodge House, Greater Burlington YMCA, MENTOR Vermont, Mercy Connections, Outright Vermont and United Way, among others.
Comcast will now be available in 157 communities across Vermont and employs upwards of one hundred local residents at its Xfinity Stores in Rutland and South Burlington, and in several technical operations centers across the state which serve residential customers and businesses. For more information, visit http://switch2xfinity.com/.