Since 2011 Comcast’s Internet Essentials program has become the nation’s largest and most comprehensive broadband adoption initiative for low-income Americans, connecting more homes than all other similar programs combined.
Internet Essentials addresses three major barriers to broadband adoption – digital literacy, access to computer equipment, and affordable Internet service.
The program includes:
- High speed home internet for $9.95 a month + tax, all with no term contract, no credit check, no installation fees.
- In-home WiFi
- 40 hours of free out-of-home WiFi access per month to the company’s growing network of 18 million Xfinity WiFi hotspots.
- The option to purchase a laptop for $149.99 + tax.
- Free Internet training online, in-person and in-print.
Households are eligible for the program if they:
- Have at least one child who is eligible for the National School Lunch Program or are receiving HUD housing assistance.
- Live in an area where Comcast Internet Service is available.
- Have not subscribed to Comcast Internet within the last 90 days.
- Do not have outstanding Comcast debt that is less than one year old.
If you or someone you know may be eligible for Comcast’s Internet Essentials, or if you would like more information, visit InternetEssentials.com or call 1-855-846-8376.